Property owners in Virginia have a duty to make sure they maintain safe and secure conditions. People are entitled to a reasonable expectation that they will not be injured on someone’s property due to negligence. When injuries occur, the property owner or manager might be accountable for damages.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident on someone else’s property, contact the personal injury law firm of Bennett & Sharp, PLLC, in Virginia Beach. We can analyze your case and determine the best course of action. With more than 60 years of combined experience, we understand what it takes to be successful in personal injury claims.
You Shouldn’t Suffer For Someone Else’s Mistake
When you get hurt on someone else’s property, it might be because of dangerous conditions that were allowed to exist even though they were known about by the party responsible for the property. Known as premises liability, this area of personal injury law includes many kinds of situations. Some of the more common ones include:
- Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents as a result of uneven pavement, icy sidewalks or slippery conditions in a business caused by a spill or leak
- Injuries from falling objects such as items in a store display that are improperly secured
- Negligent security, where someone is injured in an incident because property owners or managers fail to maintain safe conditions
- Attractive nuisances such as a swimming pool, abandoned car or almost anything that a child could access that could cause them harm
- Failure to control an animal, usually a dog, that inflicts injury to children or adults
Any number of situations could lead to a successful personal injury claim, but the key is to contact the right attorney as soon as you can. Call Bennett & Sharp, PLLC, for a free, no-risk consultation about your personal injury case today at 757-266-5149, or complete and submit our online contact form. You can also view some of our past case results.